A Quinceanera is not a Catholic sacrament; however, it is a significant cultural ritual that solidifies the girl's commitment to her faith as she is presented before God and renews her baptismal promises.
1. The girl should have already received the Sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation and Eucharist. A copy of the certificates for these Sacraments must be provided. If she has not received these Sacraments, she should enroll in the appropriate faith formation program. In the latter case, the quinceañera blessing will not be scheduled until after she completes one year of the program.
2. The girl must enroll and actively participate in the Youth Ministry program. Her parents and especially her companions are also encouraged to participate in the Youth Ministry program. If she has not received the Sacrament of Confirmation, she must also be enrolled in the Confirmation program and comply with all program requirements.
3. The fifteen year old must attend a retreat ministered by the Sisters Servants of the Blessed Sacrament.
1. The quinceañera may be celebrated as a Mass or a Liturgy of the Word. Celebrations may be done individually or for a group and should be done in a parish church or chapel.
a. Liturgical norms are to be respected, in particular during Advent and Lent.
b. Appropriate reverence and modest attire is expected of the quinceañera, her family and friends.
c. A rehearsal and overview of the mass or Liturgy of the Word should be offered for the youth and their parents.
1. It is the responsibility of the family to secure a tentative date and time for the church or chapel with a $100 non-refundable deposit before making a commitment with the reception hall, caterer, musician, videographer, photographer, etc.
2. St. Pius X reserves the right to cancel the quinceañera if the preparation requirements are not met or the balance paid a month before the wedding. In which case, the family agrees to forfeit the deposit.
For more information and to enroll, please stop by the Welcome Desk after mass or contact the Parish Office.