PREPARATION TO RECEIVE THE SACRAMENTS OF FIRST RECONCILIATION AND FIRST COMMUNION FOR MINORS (UNDER 18)
In compliance with Diocesan requirements (click here), the preparation program for the reception of the sacraments of First Penance and First Eucharist shall be two years.
- Active engagement in the life of the parish (Note: If the family is registered in another parish, a letter of permission is required from the pastor)
- Enrollment at St. Pius X School or the School of Religion
- Regular attendance in the faith formation programs
- Regular Mass attendance on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation
- Participation in stewardship opportunties, events and activities
- Completion of service hour requirements
- Mandatory parent meetings
- Preparedness of the child as determined by the pastor after consultation with the Director of Catechetical Ministry (DCM) and/or catechist(s) in collaboration with the parent(s) or guardian(s)
For more information, visit the Sacraments page on Holy Communion.
Back to Top Share this page on